HIV/AIDS Care Integration
How does HIV progress? How can we encourage testing and work with people to minimize risk of transmission? Our 3-hour training on HIV/AIDS Care Integration is available to all Massachusetts Bureau of Substance Use
Services funded substance use disorder treatment programs. It includes instruction and group discussion. Read the agenda.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe simply the workings of a healthy immune system.
- Explain how HIV can disrupt a healthy immune system.
- Describe how HIV is transmitted.
- Recite the potential signs and symptoms of HIV/AIDS.
- Explain at least 5 harm reduction strategies to reduce the transmission of HIV.
- Explain the process and benefits of HIV testing.
- Discuss at least 2 treatment protocols for HIV/AIDS.
- Demonstrate how to assess a client’s risks for acquiring an HIV infection.
- Generate key discussion points for teaching clients about HIV/AIDS infections and prevention.
Participants who have attended all three or four hours of the training, completed the course evaluation form, and signed the sign-in sheet will be awarded a Certificate of Completion for 3 or 4 continuing education credits through NAADAC, NBCC, MNA, and ASWB. Certificates will be emailed directly to participants roughly two weeks after the completion of the Praxis training.
The Center for Social Innovation, Provider #1457, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The Center for Social Innovation maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 10/17/2016 to 10/17/2017. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 or 4 continuing education clock hours.
ACCOMMODATIONS: If you need accommodations for disability, please contact Courtney Crouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRIEVANCES: If you would like to report a complaint, please email Katie Volk, Praxis Project Director, at email@example.com or Cheryl Gagne, Praxis Training Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIV/AIDS Care Integration Resources