Praxis provides Medicated Assisted Treatment (MAT) training to all Massachusetts Bureau of Substance Abuse Services
funded substance use disorder treatment programs. This 3-hour training includes instruction, discussions, and activities. Read the agenda.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the effects of opioids on the body.
- Understand the differences between opioid dependence and addiction.
- Explain the risks associated with opioid overdoses.
- Describe 3 types of medication used for Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) for people with opioid dependence.
- Understand issues associated with the use of MAT with youth, pregnant women, people with criminal justice experiences, and people with co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Demonstrate how to assist a person with opioid use disorder to make decisions about MAT.
- List at least 10 resources or supports for a person taking MAT.
Participants who have attended all three or four hours of the training, completed the course evaluation form, and signed the sign-in sheet will be awarded a Certificate of Completion for 3 or 4 continuing education credits through NAADAC, NBCC, MNA, and ASWB. Certificates will be emailed directly to participants roughly two weeks after the completion of the Praxis training.
The Center for Social Innovation, Provider #1457, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The Center for Social Innovation maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 10/17/2016 to 10/17/2017. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 or 4 continuing education clock hours.
ACCOMMODATIONS: If you need accommodations for disability, please contact Courtney Crouse at email@example.com.
GRIEVANCES: If you would like to report a complaint, please email Katie Volk, Praxis Project Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cheryl Gagne, Praxis Training Director, at email@example.com.
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: Webinars for Health Professionals
Medication-Assisted Treatment Resources