Viral Hepatitis Care Integration
Praxis provides Viral Hepatitis Care Integration training to all Massachusetts Bureau of Substance Addiction Services
funded substance use disorder treatment programs. This 3-hour training includes instruction, discussions, demonstrations, and interactive activities. Read the agenda.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the work of a healthy liver.
- Explain how Viral Hepatitis A, B, & C are transmitted.
- Recite the potential signs and symptoms of viral hepatitis.
- Explain prevention strategies-vaccinations for viral hepatitis A & B.
- Discuss harm reduction strategies for reducing transmission of viral hepatitis A, B, & C.
- Explain the treatment and management of viral hepatitis A, B, & C.
- Explain the difference between Interferon and Harvoni.
- Demonstrate how to assess a client’s risks for acquiring a viral hepatitis infection.
- Employ key discussion points for teaching clients about viral hepatitis.
Contact us to learn more and request training.TRAINING CERTIFICATES:
Participants who have attended all three or four hours of the training, completed the course evaluation form, and signed the sign-in sheet will be awarded a Certificate of Completion for 3 or 4 continuing education credits through NAADAC, NBCC, MNA, and ASWB. Certificates will be emailed directly to participants roughly two weeks after the completion of the Praxis training.
The Center for Social Innovation, Provider #1457, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The Center for Social Innovation maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 10/17/2016 to 10/17/2017. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 or 4 continuing education clock hours.
ACCOMMODATIONS: If you need accommodations for disability, please contact email@example.com.
GRIEVANCES: If you would like to report a complaint, please email Rachel Ehly, Praxis Project Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cheryl Gagne, Praxis Training Director, at email@example.com.
Viral Hepatitis Care Integration Resources