SPARC: Supporting Partnerships for Anti-Racist Communities
Meet the SPARC Team
SPARC Live: Where Are We?
- 2/20 – 2/24: National Conference on Ending Family and Youth Homelessness in Houston, TX.
- 2/27 – 3/3: Data collection, training, and meetings with partners in Dallas, TX.
- 3/6 – 3/10: Kick-off and data collection with partners in Syracuse, NY.
- 3/13 – 3/16: Meeting and work with partners in Columbus, Ohio.
- 3/20 – 3/24: Kick-off and data collection with partners in Atlanta, GA.
- 4/2 – 4/6: National Council for Behavioral Health Conference in Seattle, WA.
- Learn more about SPARC’s mission to address racial inequity in 10 cities.
- Racism & Homelessness Tweet Sheet: Join the important conversation on #racialequity by tweeting with us.
- Watch a breakout session on racism and homelessness from the National Zarrow Mental Health Symposium with Jeff Olivet & Marc Dones.
- Watch footage from the launch of SPARC San Francisco Addressing Racism and Homelessness event.
- Check out this video of “Hard Conversations: Racism & Homelessness,” our SPARC Dallas kick-off event sponsored by Metro Dallas Homeless Alliance and Dallas Public Library.
- Read this list of Anti-Racism Resources for Homeless Services Providers.
SPARC in the News
- Jeff Olivet discusses the link between racism and homelessness in an interview with Matt Gleason from the Mental Health Association Oklahoma.
- Hear Jeff Olivet discuss racism and homelessness in an interview with Rich Fisher of Public Radio Tulsa.
- Read a San Francisco Chronicle op-ed by C4’s Marc Dones & San Francisco Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing’s Jeff Kositsky on the link between racism and homelessness.
- Check out “Pierce County, Tacoma Part of National Study of Race And Homelessness” about SPARC’s work in Washington from KNKX.
- Read Dallas News coverage of the launch of SPARC Dallas.
- Listen to this interview with KERA News about race and homelessness and what Dallas is doing about it.
- Read this editorial in the Columbus Dispatch by SPARC partner Stephanie Hightower of the Columbus Urban League.
- Check out “Getting at the Root of the Racial Disparity in Homelessness” in The News Tribune (Tacoma, WA).
- Listen to “Exploring Local Connections between Racism and Homelessness,” WCBE’s coverage of the SPARC Columbus kick-off event.
- Read “Racial Equity and Homelessness Community Conversation Coming to Tacoma” from the Suburban Times.
- The Columbus Dispatch covers the SPARC kick-off in “Why do black families make up so much of Central Ohio’s homeless population?“
- Listen to KNKX coverage of the SPARC Tacoma/Pierce County kick-off event in “In Tacoma, A Frank Conversation About Race and Homelessness.”
- Watch coverage of the Tacoma/Pierce County kick-off “Tacoma Holds Community Meeting about Racial Equity and Homelessness” by Pierce County TV.
- Watch the Northwest Now show on KBTC about Homeless African Americans in Pierce County, WA.
- Listen to this story from KERA News about closing the racial gap among those who are homeless in Dallas (starting at 3:48).
- Read “Syracuse count shows minorities are more likely to be homeless” from Syracuse.com.
- Check out “How Dallas’ History Paved The Way For A Disproportionately Black Homeless Population” from KERA.
- Listen to “Where Homelessness & Racism Intersect” from KQED in San Francisco.